Skip to content
Top 10 Movies of 2008
- Let The Right One InA tender tale from Sweden about two young outcasts falling in love for the first time. And oh yeah, the girl happens to be a vampire.
- Iron ManMy favorite film of the summer. Lots of fun, great special effects, perfect casting. I think I’m going to go watch it again right now…
- InsideSet against the same political rioting as Frontier(s), this film begins with a terrible car crash that young, pregnant Sarah (Alysson Paradis) barely survives but claims the life of her boyfriend. Flash-forward a few months and its Christmas Eve and Sarah is scheduled to deliver her baby the next morning. What should have been a normal night relaxing at home turns sickeningly violent when a woman (Béatrice Dalle) knocks at her door and demands Sarah’s baby. A truly shocking tale that may turn off people with its excessive violence or ambiguous ending.
- The RuinsLoved the book by Scott Smith and this was a fairly faithful adaptation minus some of the creepier aspects. Solid cast, film looked great.
- Step BrothersHilarious! Put John C. Reilly and Will Ferrell in anything and I will check it out. Also contains the most genius cover of a GN’R song ever.
- Snow AngelsA powerful, beautiful, and riveting drama from one of the best directors working today, David Gordon Green. Seek this one out.
- DoomsdayThis mashsup of EFNY, ALIENS, GLADIATOR, and ROAD WARRIOR was a total blast. I loved it! I also really liked the retro-80s synth soundtrack.
- ChokeFaithful adaptation of the book, but I wish it was a bit longer so you could learn more about the characters. Seemed a bit rushed at the end.
- Be Kind RewindGreat film about the joy of creating. Worth seeing just for their sweding of Ghostbusters. This one really suprised me in a good way.
- All the Boys Love Mandy LaneA very interesting take on the sometimes tired slasher genre. Most of it takes place during the day which I always find refreshing.
You may also like...