Skip to content
Top 10 Movies Of 2016
- Green RoomAnother home run from Jeremy Saulnier. The cast is so good you really feel like you are watching a documentary. And the matter of fact way violence is portrayed in Saulnier’s movies is way more disturbing than your typical horror movie.
- Sing StreetSuch a great and uplifting movie. I couldn’t stop smiling the entire time. The original songs were all top notch. Do yourself a favor and check it out.
- ArrivalIt’s been a week since I went to watch this movie and I can’t stop thinking about it. I love how Villeneuve never dumbs down his movies. I’m very excited to see what he can do with Blade Runner.
- Captain America: Civil WarPretty great overall. I’d rank it up there with the best of the MCU so far. Every character had a moment or two to really shine.
- Hardcore HenryThe first true video game movie. The action was over the top and awesome. Sharlto Copley was fantastic.
- Amanda KnoxAnother sobering look at how you can be railroaded by authorities who are sloppy and in a rush to close the case. The most disgusting thing to me was the media’s lack of due diligence. A real must watch.
- The Greasy StranglerI can’t even begin to explain how bizarre and amazing this movie was. It must be seen to be believed.
- Author: The JT LeRoy StoryFascinating look behind the curtain of the biggest literary hoax of recent history. Laura Albert is a real piece of work. It was amazing to hear all the recorded phone calls but part of me feels terrible for all the people duped by her especially for Asia Argento.
- The WitchI think was expecting a crazy horror movie but in reality this was a pretty straight forward family drama with a supernatural slant. I’ll be thinking about the last scene with Black Philip for a long time to come.
- Rogue One: A Star Wars StoryI was actually a little worried and bored by the first third of the movie. Luckily things got back on track when the proper plot kicked in. The final third of the movie was completely thrilling.
You may also like...